Pro Point Physio have a wealth of experience in dealing with all types of sports injuries.
What can cause a Sports Injury?
Sports injuries can be caused by:
- an accident – such as a fall or heavy blow
- not warming up properly before exercising
- using inappropriate equipment or poor technique
- pushing yourself too hard
Almost any part of the body can be injured, including the muscles, bones, joints and connective tissues (tendons and ligaments).
You can usually treat common minor injuries yourself by:
- resting the affected part of the body for the first 48-72 hours to prevent further damage
- regularly applying an ice pack to the affected area during the first 48-72 hours to reduce swelling
- using over-the-counter painkillers, such as paracetamol or ibuprofen, to relieve pain.
If your symptoms become severe or don't improve within a few days or weeks then it is key to get specialist treatment to enable faster recovery.
How can Pro Point Physio help?
Our clinicians have worked within professional and amateur sports as well as in busy Orthopaedic departments to provide a clear assessment and diagnosis. They will use the latest evidence based treatments to promote quicker recovery to get you back to the sports you love.
We also currently work as clinical specialists for the Dorset Musculoskeletal Service, which enables us to understand the complexities of some injuries and their optimum management.